(Are you coming or going from unfamiliarplace.com ?)

Sunday, August 16, 2009

carry-on

I have a conversation that follows me wherever I go...

An amusing/thoughtful comic by Tim Kreider, who was stabbed and survived:
http://www.urbanitebaltimore.com/pdf/stabbingstory_1_0808.pdf

It's similar to that;

"What the heck happened to your HAND??"
Siiiiiigh.
"Well, I was on my bike and a car hit me."
"WHAT?! OH MY GOODNESS!"
"No, no, I'll be fine in a month or so."
"Oh, you poor boy! That's criminal! You should SUE!"
"Well, the bills will be paid for, and I'll be fine."
"My (insert possibly imaginary) acquaintance was (at some indistinct time) hurt, and (S)HE sued. Why, it's probably the same mad driver! Do you know, they should get drivers like that OFF the ROAD. Bob, did you hear about this kid? What a shameful waste! All because of people like THAT!"
"I'll be, uh, over here."
"WON'T ANYBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!"

Moral: do not approach strangers when in a cast.

1 comment:

  1. maybe you should make a pamphlet with that exact conversation on it, and when ever some one asks you what happened, you give them a pamphlet

    ReplyDelete