(Are you coming or going from unfamiliarplace.com ?)

Monday, December 20, 2010

triptych

I see myself -- I mean my SELF -- as three parts.

Mind does my reasoning, makes puns, learns facts, and is how I consciously act.
Heart feels emotions, makes friendships, cares about little things in life.
Soul talks to God, and complains to him, too. It's the only moral part.

Most of the time I just listen to my mind. It's easy and comfortable.
Sometimes the soul gets a word in. It's rarer than it should be though.

Now, as anyone who reads this knows, I tend to oversensitize, overdramatize, and generally see too much tragedy in life.

So most of the time, I get through life by ignoring my heart. There are times when it won't shut up, and then I end up writing good poetry. (Yeah, I try to write poetry the rest of the time. Forgive me for that!)

There have. however, been times when I haven't needed to ignore it or shut it up. The past couple days have been one such time.

Jesus replied: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.

No comments:

Post a Comment