(Are you coming or going from unfamiliarplace.com ?)

Monday, April 20, 2009

A&W

just went for a two-hour walk
to get...
A&W
the HOLY GRAIL of georgetown
on the far far side of town...
in the middle of a FRIGGIN RAINSTORM!
:)
My umbrella, it collapsed
Then folded in on itself..
.Then discovered a black hole
Inside itself.

So when I got to A&W
here I am soaked like a drowned rat
holding this mess of small metal bits and cloth
and grinning
I go into the bathroom and try to pry the lid off
I am quite sure everyone outside hears me when I say, "GOTTA TAKE THE LID OFF."
(of the garbage can.)

Walk out... without the umbrella
Order a burger and onion rings with a wide smile
shove it under my coat,
and walk right back out into the rain.
Tried to dry mah hair w/ paper towel.
long story short: very wet, got A&W here!

1 comment:

  1. Why wouldn't you eat the A&W at the restaurant!?!?!?!?! Seriously, it probably tasted gross and cold and wierdly soggy by the time you got it back home...lol

    K

    ReplyDelete