(Are you coming or going from unfamiliarplace.com ?)

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

God is good

God is good!

Jonah 2:9:
"But I, with shouts of grateful praise,
   will sacrifice to you.
What I have vowed I will make good.
   I will say, 'Salvation comes from the LORD.' "

Don't give me peace, Lord. Don't take away the difficulty.
Make me strong enough for it.

Acts 4:29:

Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness

If I don't take this disgrace in hand, that would be the real dishonour.

 Acts 5:41:

The apostles left ... rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name

 And sure, people will say I'm treating this whole thing too seriously. "Not everything has to do with being a good person. Just enjoy life for once." Hm...


2 Peter 3:10-11:

The day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives.
 Besides, there's no good way out of this one and you and I both know it.

1 Peter 3:17:

It is better ... to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
 Not that anything I'm experiencing can really be called suffering, of course.

2 Corinthians 4:17:

...our light and momentary troubles [the believers were being physically and psychologically persecuted]
If what he and the apostles were going through was "light and momentary", who am I to complain about this small thing?!

And in any case, whatever else happens, God is there.

Isaiah 41:13:

For I am the LORD your God
   who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
   I will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment